WEST SHORE PARK CORPORATION
REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING MINUTES — Draft
August 2. 2021
Directors: Werner Brisske, Mike Davenport, John Lohrmann
Treasurer: Fred Aichele
Secretary: Marilee C.C. Rusiniak
Members: Rose Brisske, Bruce Brodzik, Sue Esson, Carol Hamilton
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order on August 2, 2021 at 7:02 p.m. at Countryside Fire Station #1, 801 S. Midlothian Road, Mundelein, Illinois 60060 by President Mike Davenport.
MINUTES FOR APPROVAL
John Lohrmann moved that the minutes from the Regular Board of Directors Meeting of July 5, 2021 be approved as corrected. The motion was seconded by Werner Brisske. Unanimously approved.
HOMEOWNER FORUM – PUBLIC COMMENT
Sue Esson announced that she was in attendance for herself and also speaking for members Jim Kostantinidis and Lisa Park who were not present at the meeting.
Comments from the members present included:
– Statement that current board members could not be contacted when a WSPC member attempted to report an incident that occurred where food had been thrown onto a home (vandalism) near Miller Park. Fred Aichele stated that he was sure that directors’ and officers’ phone numbers are on the website. Carol Hamilton checked the website and said that phone numbers are not on the website, just names and email addresses.
– Statement that a family member of WSPC members had to request young-adults to leave Miller Park after the park was closed.
– Opinion offered that the rain-garden in Miller Park is unsightly, full of weeds and needs to be properly graded or removed.
– Statement that it was observed that a WSPC member may be running a day-care or camp and frequents Miller Park with multiple guests. Question as to whether or not WSPC is insured for Miller Park to be used in this manner.
– Statement that the picnic table and garbage can in Miller Park are being moved by anyone who wants to move them and should chained or made that they cannot be easily re-located.
– Complaint that kids and teens have been observed driving golf-carts recklessly. (Please report unsafe drivers to the Lake County Sherriff non-emergency number.)
– Concern reported regarding the corner of Fairview Drive when entering West Shore Park as being dangerous to maneuver with an obstructed view.
– Concern reported regarding over-grown bushes on Circle Drive causing an obstructed view. (Please report any un-safe road conditions and concerns to the Fremont Township Highway Department.)
– Request on up-date regarding how the potentially aggressive dogs seen on Oakdale Lane and running on Miller Park property will be handled. Board members will contact the owners for a discussion regarding the concerns with the dogs and to investigate whether or not an electric fence had been installed in WSPC property.
Fred Aichele presented the Treasurer’s Report for 07/01/2021 – 07/31/2021. Werner Brisske moved and John Lohrmann seconded that the Treasurer’s Report be approved as submitted. Unanimously approved.
Fred Aichele reported that the WSPC tax return is in progress.
The WSP Homeowner Directory is currently being revised for 2021. Please contact Fred Aichele at email@example.com if you have any changes you would like to make to your information.
Piers Bruce Brodzik reported that he is heading volunteers who are in the process of meeting with pier owners and Pier Captains to collect requested boat paperwork for all WSPC members using space on piers.
– Question raised on whether or not WSPC should be listed as an additional insured by the boat owners who have piers that are attached to WSPC property? At this time WSPC does not have to be listed as additional insured. Spaces are currently available on Block 1 and Block 2 piers. Please contact Bruce Brodzik for more information on pier space availability.
– Question raised on whether or not channel pier insurance information, boat owner information, and pier rules, should be reviewed and corrected for clarity and consistency.
– Task identified that channel/sea-wall pier agreement should be reviewed to ensure insurance requirements are clear and being met by all parties. NEW BUSINESS Review and discussion of the Board and Officers Task List.
Board related business with Fremont Township will be transitioned to be the sole responsibility of current board members and commissioners.
Keys for WSPC property / locks are in the process of being located and documented on who currently has which keys for which locks.
Werner Brisske moved that the meeting be adjourned. John Lohrmann seconded the motion. Unanimously approved. The meeting was adjourned at 9:25 p.m.
The board met in Executive Session following the adjournment of the regular meeting.
Marilee C.C. Rusiniak, Secretary