2021 10 Minutes Oct Final



October 4, 2021


Directors: Larry Bakirtjy, Werner Brisske, Mike Davenport, Minaxi Tailor

Treasurer: Fred Aichele

Secretary: Marilee C.C. Rusiniak

Members: Rose Brisske, Sue Esson, Carol Hamilton, James Melledy


The meeting was called to order on October 4, 2021 at 7:01 p.m. at Countryside Fire Station #1, 801 S. Midlothian Road, Mundelein, Illinois 60060 by President Mike Davenport.


Werner Brisske moved that the minutes from the Regular Board of Directors Meeting of September 13, 2021 be approved as presented. The motion was seconded by Larry Bakirtjy. Unanimously approved.


  • Carol Hamilton presented information on rain gardens for review and suggested consulting with gardening services through the University of Illinois Extention for additional information.

  • Sue Esson issued complaints that the rain garden in Miller Park remains to appear unsightly, is not in the correct location, is full of weeds, requires correct bordering and edging, and needs to be properly graded or removed. She stated that she has asked for the rain garden to be removed over the last six months and is upset that nothing has been done about her request. She stated that people suffering with allergies have been complaining about the rain garden. (The WSPC Board has received no complaints regarding the rain garden other than what has been reported during meetings and recorded in the minutes.)

  • James Melledy responded that he had been involved in the rain garden installation and that the rain garden was planted in the correct location by people who had done extensive research, and have experience in the installation of rain gardens. He added that these are native plants and that may take 2-3 years to become established. James Melledy offered to help review the current condition of the rain garden and offered to help consult on any grading or changes needed to improve the area.

  • Carol Hamilton suggested that information on the rain-garden installation could be distributed to help explain to residents the step-by-step process.

  • Sue Esson issued a complaint that the Miller Park Commissioner has not been in attendance at board meetings to receive or answer to complaints issued. (Please note that WSPC Volunteer Commissioners are not required to attend board meeting and are frequently in communication with the board and members through emails and by issuing their commissioner reports. Any member of WSP is welcome to email or call any commission with questions and concerns.)

  • Sue Esson requested that a “No Trespassing” sign be installed at the entrance of a private driveway next to Miller Park to deter people from using the driveway to enter Miller Park.

  • Carol Hamilton stated concern regarding a possibly vacant and run-down property. She cited safety for residents and stated that the property was unsightly. It was requested if there was something the board could do to address the issue. Werner Brisske will contact Fremont Township and Lake County for possible options.


Werner Brisske shared the following important updates received from Fremont Township Highway Supervisor, Alicia Dodd:

Forest Lane Extension is complete and now open to traffic. I will be observing whether parking along Forest becomes an issue for passage of emergency vehicles. Residents should only park on one side of the street and no parking overnight from 2-6 am.

Fairview Storm Sewer installed and completed with asphalt and seeded where applicable.

Forest Storm Sewer pipe, structures and curb installed. Still needs asphalt patch.

Oakdale curve railroad ties and steel posts and chain removed, regraded and seed and blanketed. Ballards added to protect hydrant.

Oakdale and Circle—minor ditch work within the next week to prevent shoulder washout on Oakdale.

Plowing—request that residents move rocks away from roadway at least 30” so that we can safely remove snow without concern about hitting rocks and damaging our equipment or displacing rocks into roadway. Areas with rocks along roadway will not be plowed as close, so residents can anticipate additional shoveling.

Paving—tentative plan is to pave Fairview, Forest (after watermain install), Prospect and Circle in 2022. Still have storm sewer work on Circle, Prospect and Fairview to do prior.

Brush Chipping Policy—can be found on my website: https://fremonttownship.com/departments/highway-department/brush-chipping/

Carol Hamilton asked if any landscaping that encroached into the right of way on the roads had been removed prior to the roads being paved. Mike Davenport responded that certain properties had been identified as having landscaping that encroached into the roadways and it was removed or moved away from the road and that the situation should be reviewed again.


Mike Davenport reported:

  • Letters to be sent to several properties to address specific issues that need to be resolved.


Fred Aichele presented the Treasurer’s Report for 09/01/2021 – 09/30/2021. Werner Brisske moved and Minaxi Tailor seconded that the Treasurer’s Report be approved as submitted. Unanimously approved.

Fred Aichele reported:

  • General account now stands at -$6,467.11

  • State Farm Insurance premium had increased by almost $600.

  • Two home closings are expected to be completed soon.

  • 2022 room reservations for monthly board meeting with the Countryside Fire Station are being made.

  • Commissioners requested to submit their budget requests for 2022-2023 to the WSPC board for review and discussion.

Rose Brisske reported that the new sand planned for the block 2 beach was not installed due to the water-main, drainage, and road work that was done adjacent to the block 2 beach. She also reported that volunteers will be working in the spring to do an extensive block 2 beach clean-up that will include identifying items to be replaced or repaired. A call for volunteers and donations of time and materials will be issued in the spring. The block 2 beach commissioner is also expected to submit a budget request towards the project.

Sue Esson requested if the Treasurer and board knew what the dues are expected to be for 2023. The Treasurer and the board explained that the dues are expected to remain the same amount, if not slightly higher. The dues are not likely to be less than what they have been for the past several years.

Sue Esson asked why dues cannot be paid in installments and must be paid in full once issued. The board explained that the time and cost associated with managing partial payments from the almost 200 homes is very time consuming and expensive to manage. It was stated that there is now a credit card payment option available for the annual dues payment.


Miller Park

Commissioner Stacee Kalmanovsky reported via email:

1) Rain Garden:

-It takes a few years to establish a mature patch of rain garden. It is currently in its awkward teen phase. It will be beautiful in a little while.

Benefits of a Rain Garden are:

-Deep Roots that help to keep soil from washing into channel

-Native plants that attract pollinators

-A natural way to manage mucky grass, which is where the patch is placed.

2) Garbage service at Miller Park

Issue: Groot wasn’t picking it up and Dand Prezell had to ask Lisa Park to place it by her cans.

He resolved this issue by talking to her. Thank you, Dan and Lisa.

I did offer to contact Groot, but it makes sense to remove the cans at the end of October and contact Groot in the spring to resume service.

-Dog walkers were using it mainly, but to this I say, c’est la vie. I still think it’s wise to keep a trash can for convenience there.

3) Basketball hoop

I think things are pretty manageable, but please let me know if that is not the case.


4) Future Plans/Budget

Budget is mostly spent for the year and will need an update on landscaping numbers.

For next season we will focus on:

Removing/fixing old fire pit

Repainting/fixing equipment

Weeding/maintaining landscape

Building arbor

Refreshing woodchips/mulch.

Please contact the Miller Park Commissioner with any questions or concerns.


Review and discussion of the Board and Officers Task List.


Minaxi Tailor moved that the meeting be adjourned. Werner Brisske seconded the motion. Unanimously approved. The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m.

The board met in Executive Session following the adjournment of the regular meeting.

Respectfully submitted,

Marilee C.C. Rusiniak, Secretary




  • November 1, 2021 – Regularly Scheduled Monthly Board Meeting

  • December 6, 2021 – Regularly Scheduled Monthly Board Meeting

  • January 3, 2022 – Regularly Scheduled Monthly Board Meeting

  • February 7, 2022 – Regularly Scheduled Monthly Board Meeting

All monthly meetings are held at Countryside Fire Station #1, 801 S. Midlothian Rd., Mundelein, IL 60060 at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.

Meetings will be held via Zoom in the event that Tier 3 Covid-19 Mitigation Measures are put into place and meeting rooms may not host gatherings. Dates and time and location are subject to change. All homeowners are encouraged to attend the monthly board meetings. Please contact any member of the board or check the website for updated information regarding meeting location.


Name                                       Month/Year Term Expires

Werner Brisske, Block 2           February 2022

Mike Davenport, At Large        February 2023

Minaxi Tailor, Block 2              February 2023

Chris Shifley, Block 1               February 2022

Larry Bakirtjy, Block 1             February 2023


Don’t forget to add [email protected] to your email contacts to ensure that WSP emails and notices are received and not marked as spam or junk in your email.

Please sign up for the Fremont Township email newsletter at www.fremonttownship.com .

We encourage all Fremont Township residents to sign up!