November 5, 2014
We want to advise you of some changes in our operating procedures now that the 2014 bylaws have been adopted.
A quorum for the annual meeting is now defined as twenty percent of the membership eligible to vote.
Members no longer approve the budget. However, under certain conditions members can reject a budget. Members can also vote on certain capital projects.
The most significant members’ task at the annual meeting is to elect directors. To make the election of directors as open as possible, the board has adopted the following rules and regulations:
1) Candidates for a director position (including incumbents who wish to continue) must submit a nomination form during the period November 1 through December 31.
2) Candidates will be listed on the 30 day advance notice of the annual meeting and on the agenda.
3) Candidates will be listed on the proxy for members to indicate their vote preferences.
4) Nominations will not be accepted at the annual meeting. Write-in votes will not be counted.
5) There is no position of “director at large” but the limitation of no more than three directors per block is still in place.
6) At the annual meeting, the candidate from the Block I list with the most votes is elected. Similarly, the candidate from the Block II list with the most votes is elected.
7) In the years when three positions are open, after the first two positions are filled under point six, the remaining candidate with most votes from either list is elected.
If you are interested in running for a director position, please fill out the form and return it to the WSP President. If you know someone who would make a good director, convince him or her to submit a nomination form.
Board of Directors